Engage young children with the fun, excitement and feedback of interactive technology as they learn and exercise at the same time. SMARTfit™ Play Pods turn any child-care space into a highly engaging playground where they develop physical, sensory, cognitive, social, academic and behavioral skills to last a lifetime.
With SMARTfit™ kids play cognitive games while running, jumping, hopping, playing ball, balancing, or crawling. Games are 10 seconds to 4 minutes long and kids can play alone, in pairs, or in teams of up to 8 at a time depending on the size of the space and the number of targets. They learn to process cognitively while having fun and playing games, managing footwork, balance, accuracy, and spacial awareness, all of which help to improve visual-motor control, auditory processing, discrimination, sequencing, and memory.
- How it Works – Alphanumeric targets displaying colors, numbers, letters or symbols drive cognitive games such as Chase the Alphabet (forward and backward), Find Smiley, Tackle the Number Sequence, Lights Out Race, Memory, Match the Pairs (of shapes, dice, symbols, numbers and letters), Simon Says, and Action Math. Targets are triggered by a hand, foot, ball, foam noodle or bean bag, creating a unique and highly stimulating environment for producing rapid training in cognitive skills, and neurological and physical fitness. Customizable background music, tones and auditory cues create the desired atmosphere for participants whether it is a sensory processing session or a high energy birthday party.
- Targets — Option of wired, wireless or a combination of both can be placed up to 100’ from the CPU.
- Applications – Pre-school, Day/Child Care, K-5 PE & Adapted PE, Occupational Therapy.
- Location – any wall or room space larger than 4′ high by 6′ wide or greater.
- Ages – 12 months +
- Abilities – Inclusive to all regardless of age and ability including sensory and physically challenged
- Results tracking – score over time rewards mental and physical efficiency, speed and accuracy.
- Easy Set-up – Wireless systems include wheeled carrying case. Wired systems include instructions and parts for easy installation.
- Wired targets should be spaced between 3′ and 10′ apart depending on the size of the space available, and located on a single wall, a corner using 2 walls or all 4 walls of a room.
- Wireless pods can operate within 100′ of each other and while they can be hung on the wall or placed on the floor, for full versatility ordering 1 pod stand for each wireless target is recommended. They can even be hidden from view to make for a wide variety of fun treasure hunt games such as “Find the Smiley Face”.
Most Popular Options
- Wired – 1 starter kit with 3 additional 3-packs = 1 CPU and 12 targets (2 of each color)
- Wired – 1 starter kit with 5 additional 3-packs = 1 CPU and 18 targets (3 of each color)
- Wireless – 1 starter kit with 1 additional 3-pack = 1 CPU and 6 wireless targets (1 of each color) with 6 pod stands
Configure your own system by choosing wired or wireless systems as well as the number and colors of your targets.
- Choose your Starter Kit which includes the CPU, option of wired/wireless, and the colors of your first 3 targets.
Wired starter kit options (offer the benefit of never having to charge the targets):
- A. SMARTfit™ Play Pod CPU with 3 wired targets (Red, Blue, Yellow)
- B. SMARTfit™ Play Pod CPU with 3 wired targets (Orange, Green, Purple)
- C. SMARTfit™ Play Pod CPU with 3 wireless targets (Red, Blue, Yellow)
- D. SMARTfit™ Play Pod CPU with 3 wireless targets (Orange, Green, Purple)
Wiring can be in-wall (requires local electrician to install) or conduit (kit supplied).
Note: A wired CPU starter kit can also operate additional wireless pods.
Wireless starter kit options (offer the benefit of flexibility as they can be shared, moved and used in any space both indoors or outdoors):
Wireless starter kits include: A secure, wheeled carry case customized to hold the CPU, 6 targets and 2 pod stands. A duffel bag to accommodate additional pod stands and a ball kit. Recharging adaptor for charging the pods (1 minute of charge lasts over 2 hours).
- E. Wired – red, blue, yellow
- F. Wired – orange, green, purple
- G. Wireless – red, blue, yellow
- H. Wireless – orange, green, purple
- I. Optional Play Pod stands – recommended 1 pod stand for each wireless target.
Note: Since the wireless Pods take 60-90 seconds to charge and run for 2 hours per charge, it is recommended to only order 6 wireless Pods per system.
Contact us for help in choosing a configuration that suits your space and budget.
Check out our grant options and let us help you to secure funding through our crowd sourcing tools.